Monday, October 20, 2008

Liquid Vitamins...a new habit

New research has come out that children need twice as much vitamin D as originally recommended. Last week I started listing all of Bryce's foods plus liquids (rice and goat milk) and was getting frustrated at making all the nutrients add up. Then remembered Bryce's liquid vitamins. I'm going to start giving them to him every day, and it should be enough Vitamin D too.

Now here is the catch, starting new habits like giving him vitamins every day is challenging for me (sad I know!). Dr Maxwell Maltz wrote a book that observed it takes 21 days to create a new habit. I find it kind of fascinating, and so I guess 21 days is my first goal!

http://www.aap.org/family/vitdpatients.htm


http://www.aristotle.co.nz/library/series.aspx?seriesId=61

2 comments:

Amy said...

What section of the store (and what store) do you buy them at?

Fainfamilyupdates said...

I think I bought it at Walgreens, I asked the pharmacist and they told me which isle. I think any drugstore would probably carry it...you could ask the pharmacist for advice on which drops to buy.